Here we go for the Euroleague bye week. And we’ve put together some interesting stories in order to get through these 14 days without Devotion.
- Take a look into Nicolas Batum’s mind.
- In the German Bundesliga, the Giessen 46ers had to go for a road game on Saturday against EnBW Ludwigsburg. For this 250km trip, the staff planned a 3.5-hour drive by bus. Pretty normal. However, Giessen got stuck in a monster traffic jam 50 kilometers outside of Ludwigsburg and did not manage to arrive in time for the game. Ludwigsburg did not accept an offer to postpone the game to a later hour of day, and so they won the matchup, 1-0.
- What trouble for Partizan Belgrade these days. Not only did they lose against archrivals Red Star, the team is also in serious financial trouble, as their accounts have been blocked. Dusko Vujosevic also explains that they have contracted debt at a 17.5% interest rate. Crazy times…
- Always nice, always interesting and funny: Don’t forget to check regularly Kristian’s blog on FIBA.com. Sorry Kris, I always forget to check what you write, so thanks for the mail!
- Marcus “Highlight” Haislip got elected player of the week in the Spanish ACB.
- The TBB Trier players do a victory dance after their tough win against EWE Baskets Oldenburg in the Bundesliga.
- A tough weekend for some Euroleague teams.:As mentioned above, Partizan lost but also very bad defeats for Panathinaikos against Panellinios, Le Mans against Orléans and Olimpija Ljubljana against Bosna Sarajevo.
- Derby time in Lithuania, with Lietuvos Rytas beating Zalgiris Kaunas. But I see that Lithuanian basketball fans have serious metal troubles, as the tune “La Paloma Blanca” was used as background music on a basketball clip…
Powered by Sidelines